Sometimes, life stinks... Literally. (no shower for five days, throw-up, non-brushed teeth, dirty toilets, dirty dishes, etc) You get what I mean.
On a deeper note though... sometimes, life does not go our way and it is really hard. Hard for us in our own way. While our trials seem monumental to us, we know of others' trials and pray that we can keep ours. This is the Lord's plan, to strengthen us and keep us humble at the same time. Well, in an effort to be humble and learn from the most recent trials in my life, I have compiled a list. It started as an accidental, mental list that grew and grew until I made a concious effort to add to it and give it a name. So here's the list... in no particular or chronological order.
* Mom takes my garage door opener out of my car while I am at her house. Then as I go to pick up my kids from school, she heads to my house to clean it. She is there when we get home... doing the dishes and Leanne is picking up the mountain of toys. *
* One of my BFF's husband shows up at the door with a homeade lasagna. They live 25 minutes away.*
* Same BFF shows up, on a different day, with both of her kids at a babysitter's house so she can clean my bathrooms. I wonder if she will still be my friend after seeing how dirty they were?*
* On her way out the door for school, Chansey passes by the sink and with a motion towards the 50 dirty dishes says "Don't worry about these dishes mom, I'll do them when I get home". *
* Bella has a high fever and is obviously not feeling well laying on her beanbag. Eathan runs upstairs (without being asked) and gets her favorite blanket and cuddles up with her. He rubs her face and asks, "Bella is there anything else I can get for you?"*
* Spencer comes to the couch where I am laying and lays his head beside me. (As if to say, Mom, I know you are feeling yucky, I am here for you) I can hear a piece of apple crunching in his tiny teeth. (Chansey gave him a snack... unsolicited)*
* Another BFF comes over on a Saturday, with all of her kids to clean my house. They all helped, even the three year old. And, my video closet hasn't been that organized for months. (Thanks buddy :) *
* I think a turkey sandwich sounds good. We have no turkey. Todd has the flu. So, I hurry to Walmart (at 10:00 pm) to get some turkey before the urge passes and I won't be able to choke a sandwich down. When I get home, Todd cleaned the kitchen... flu and all. He is sweating because he couldn't get me to go to Super-Walmart (which is farther away) So, he knew he had to hurry in order to finish before I got home. *
* I saw a commercial for Arby's while at my mom's house. I mention that curly fries look good. She tells my Dad and he drives to Arby's to get me some. *
I may add to this list later, but you get the picture. I have so much to be thankful for. For family and friends that see my needs and fill them without me asking. For a loving Heavenly Father who sticks by me and blesses me through rough times. Trials... what trials?!
3 comments:
Oh, you just make me WANT to get pregnant again. HA! I am so sad that you are so sick. I know you have done this before, and if it helps any, this to shall pass. Hang in there!!:)
I love the new look of your blog! You are so blessed. I am so glad that you recognize that. Just think, you are so close to being done with the sick thing. Love ya!
I'm so sorry your sick. IT SUCKS, I know. :( Your incredible for wanting to do it agian.. I don't know that I will be that strong. And I'm SO happy that you have people to help you. :) let me know If I can do ANYTHING for you. 480-251-4477.. clarissajobaxter@hotmail.com
Post a Comment