Thursday, July 8, 2010

Made for the Stage

About this time last year, I wrote about how Chansey and I went to The Queen Creek Performing Arts Center (QCPAC) to see their community theater production of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat". It was really good and Chansey was truly inspired!! She saw her uncle on stage and realized... " I want to do that!" So... she has been in two musicals since... both at QCPAC ...





She was an Oompa-Loompa in Willy Wonka Jr. last November. This musical was done all by children ages 7-17... no adults. And it was REALLY good!! Chansey was only in a few scenes, but it gave her some wonderful experience. She did a great job and loved every minute of it.

This year, at the beginning of summer, she performed in The Wizard of Oz. She had a couple of backround parts in this production... that of an Ozian and also a Poppy Flower in the Poppy scene. This is her Ozian costume... they all wore green, different shades and styles,... so cool to see! She was in a few critical scenes in this musical and even though she didn't have a big part, she had to attend a lot more practices and it was a lot of hard work. She is a natural on stage and we are proud of her. I am looking forward to many more performances in the future!



0 comments: