Thursday, January 24, 2008

Blog it up!!


Well, as you all know, I LOVE to talk! So, after being inspired by many of my friends who are bloggers, I decided to create my own blog. This way, I can talk to all of the people I love all at the same time! And, I guess if no one reads this,... I am just talking to myself! :) But that's ok, right?!

On that note, I have really had a strong feeling lately that I need to start keeping a journal. In fact it was one of the goals that I set for myself after attending Women's Conference last year. My mind goes back to the many Young Womens' lessons of my youth where they stressed the importance of journal keeping. And I also recall the days when I wrote in my journal every day! It's true,... I have notebooks and journals filled with my childish antics and teenage drama. Even though I don't necessarily need to pass that all on to my posterity, I do need to pass on the things that are happening in my life now. My feelings, my adventures as a mother and wife, and life's lessons that I learn daily. So, hopefully this is a good place to start keeping a record of the things that go on in our family. Maybe one day, someone will be glad to know our history. And as for the last ten years, I am going to have to figure out a way to catch up on that!

So, I also wanted to explain why I chose the name I did for my blogspot... "the amazing six". I actually thought about it for a while and came up with this name for a few reasons... First, and most obvious, there are six people in our family. I used the adjective "amazing" because I really do think that my family is "amazing" I have a wonderful husband and four incredible children (pictured above... thanks Aften!) that bless my life every day. I will write about each of them individually soon. I do not think that I am "amazing" but hopefully one day I will be after sharing my life with all of the "amazing" people around me. And, one more reason for the word "amazing" is that it describes all of the blessings I have been given... especially my family. I truly do see the Lord's tender mercies in my life every day. I hope to write about a lot of them here. Another reason for the name is that we love superheroes in our family. Superman, Spiderman, the Fantasic Four, you name it! We love them all because the good guy always wins no matter what the opposition. So, I patterned the name of my blog after The Fantastic Four... (sorry if it is corny). Anyway, I hope that sheds some light...

Well, if I don't stop now, this post is going to last forever. More to come soon!

6 comments:

Sarah W. said...

Yay!!! I love when my friends and family start up blogs. Check us out...

I agree with you guys being amazing. YOu are some of my favorite people.

laurie said...

Congrats!! Welcome to the blogging world, this is way more fun than a journal!

Lindsey said...

So great to read about you. Your family pic is super cute! Your memories of journal writing remind me that in half my journal entries in junior high, the beginning says something like "I'm spending the night at Mariannes." :)

Anonymous said...

Now I really feel guilty! No journal and no blog! Really, though, I love it and I think you ARE amazing, Marianne! Good job!
Love Ya!

Kristie said...

Well I love you and Todd very much , and I think your aware of how crazy I am about your kids.
On another note, I was reading this at work and I just was balling, mascara running, face and eyes red, your familiar with that. Yes, I was crying. you touched my heart like you have many times b4 I am so thankfull for you. Thanks for being so inspired to reach me. Love you GUYS. I miss you all the time. I hope the kids are feeling better. Give the kids a Huge hug and kiss for me.

Anonymous said...

i am excited you have a blog! it is so great and easy to keep in touch this way!!