Monday, January 28, 2008

Pay Attention!!

I don't have a picture to go with this post... the only thing I could put with it would be a picture of me crying because that is what I was doing when I heard this....
Yesterday in sacrament meeting, a darling young couple spoke to our ward. They were very good speakers and both talks really held my attention. My children seemed to behave remarkably well... (maybe because I really needed to hear what was being said). Anyway, the thing that really, really affected me was something that the husband, Bro. Weinberg, said. He was talking about trials and he said (I am paraphrasing) "We should all hope that we can get through our trials and learn the things the Lord wants us to learn". It hit me like a ton of bricks... he didn't say we should get through our trials and have want we want, or we should get through our trials and never have to go through them again. But what he did say will forever stick with me... so I just wanted to share. So, from now on, I hope I can "pay attention" and learn what the Lord wants me to instead of being selfish and asking him to relieve me from having to deal with whatever trial he has blessed me with!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed his talk. I think he really got what that talk was trying to us and he presented it really well. I learned alot too. Especially when he talked about scripture study. He said you can read scriptures and that is a good choice, then he said he can read, ponder, and pray about then and that is the best choice. And to think it wasn't even what he was going to say! Good couple.

Sarah W. said...

Even though I was in the very back without Jared's help, i really enjoyed the talks. I wish I could have heard them uninterrupted. I wanted to make sure and tell them how i felt, but i never made it over to let them know. They are even in Primary with me. I am so lame! Thanks for reminding me on how much I needed that talk.