Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Go, go, go Joseph!


On Saturday night, Chansey and I went to see "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat". It was a production at the Queen Creek Performing Arts Center. It is a funny musical based on the story of Joseph in the Bible. We absolutely loved it!! My brother-in-law played Simeon (one of Joseph's brothers) and he did an excellent job! We knew several other people performing in the musical so it made it even more enjoyable.
Several years ago, I was the roadshow director in my ward and we created a roadshow that was a spin-off of this musical. But, believe it or not, I had never actually seen it live until now. I didn't know what I was missing! It is so entertaining! I was glad to see how excited and fired up Chansey got about the whole thing... she is definitely a product of her mother! We were both hyped at the end... all of the excitement took me back to my musical theater days and how much fun it was being on stage.
Chansey is sure that she wants to be in a musical now! I can't wait to see her fulfill that dream. I told her it is a lot of hard work and you don't always get cast when you try out, but I think she understands and she is up for the challenge. So, she wants to try out for the next musical "Willy Wonka". Tryouts are next month. So, we will try it and see how it goes... I will keep you posted!

0 comments: