Monday, June 8, 2009

Tag... You're it!

It has been a long time since I have been tagged, but my old friend Becki tagged me, so I thought I would oblige. Plus, I am always up for a little bit of fun, so here goes...


8 things I did yesterday...

1. Woke up late (8:22 am... sweet!)
2. Went to Stake Conference (today was the first day Spencer was supposed to go to nursery, but since we had Stake Conference, he didn't get to and we had to wrestle with him for 2 hours... we were robbed! :)
3. Made homemade garlic butter rolls (YUM!)
4. Played with my kids
5. Watched a movie with my kids
6. Had FHE/dinner with my family
7. Finished planning Kristie's baby shower
8. Ate two pieces of pie right before dinner (oops!)



8 things I look forward to...

1. Kristie's baby shower (I love Kristie and I love having parties!)
2. Finishing unpacking (I will be done today... I promise!)
3. The rest of the summer (It's been a little lame since we have been moving... time for the relaxing fun to begin!)
4. Quiet evenings when Todd is home and the kids are calm
5. Going to see my brother-in-law in "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat"
6. Smiles on my kids' faces
7. Eathan's baptism
8. Having this baby!!!! (only a couple of months left!)



8 things I wish I could do...

1. Sew
2. Play the Piano (I know... "practice makes perfect")
3. Run a marathon (someday I will)
4. Be a good mom all of the time
5. Blog more (since I don't scrapbook, it's my best journaling alternative)
6. Study the scriptures EVERY night without getting tired
7. Go on vacation... just me and Todd... to Hawaii... for a week!
8. Go to the Temple every week (I used to and hopefully I will be able to again soon)

8 shows I watch on tv...

Since we don't even have eight channels on our tv, this one is a little tricky. I don't really have a list. Our family was really into 1."Biggest Loser" last season, so we sat down and watched it every Tuesday night. But that is about it... I don't watch anything else regularly. I do like watching the auditions for 2."So You Think You Can Dance" and 3."American Idol". But by the time the real competition starts, I am bored. Plus, maybe I am non-committal and I can't make myself sit down and watch anything at the same time every week. My other tv interests include 4. cooking shows and 5. game shows, but I don't really find time to watch those much either. Lastly, if we had cable, you could catch me watching 6. Sports Center on ESPN with Todd. I really do enjoy that.

While I am on this subject, I do have one other funny confession to make... when I was first married, I used to watch "Young and the Restless" and "Bold and the Beautiful". Seriously, I never missed an episode. I planned my day to make sure I was home when it was on or I taped it... how crazy is that?! I haven't watched either show for the last 8 years though. I had to repent and give it up. All in all, though a mindless activity is really nice sometimes, isn't t.v. just a big waste of time?!

8 people I tag...

1. Amy 2. Melissa 3. Lindsey 4. Deanne 5. Jessica 6. Cedar 7. Chelsea 8. Lana

Can't wait to read all of your secrets! :)


1 comments:

Hulse said...

that was fun reading! thanx! I love your idea of sleeping in and a late night snack!