Thursday, December 18, 2008

One Year... And One More Toddler!!

Spencer officially (as of 15 days ago) has one year under his belt and at the same time has doubled the toddler population in our house! This time last year, my Christmas shopping was done, my Christmas cards were out, and I was enjoying many hours of relaxing with my newborn son. Whether it was feeding, cuddling, or just admiring, those peaceful times have not been forgotten. They have, however, been replaced. Now my hours are filled with other activities that are no less enjoyable, just more exhausting!! My days now consist of replacing all of the contents of my lower cupboards over and over, cleaning up the bomb that goes off around the highchair three times a day, and keeping toilet lids and bathroom doors closed. I shouldn't forget to mention kissing boo-boos as Spencer, in his attempt to walk, falls constantly.

I would also like to take the time to say (as cliche' as it is) "Time Flies When You're Having Fun"!! Spencer is really a fun, happy boy who is very nice to me. :) And, as soon as he gets rid of his pacifier and bottle, I think he'll be able to keep up with Bella! If she thinks she can boss him around forever, I think she has another thing coming!! :)

Here are some pictures of the birthday festivities at our favorite, cheap, party venue...
P.... P.... Pizza.



Here is the traditional "I can eat my own cake at one year old!" ritual.
Who invented this mess anyway?



Above and below Spencer is enthralled with his presents and ripping the paper.





Now (with Big Sis)


Then. ... Awwww!





0 comments: