During General Conference weekend, we were so lucky to be able to go to Showlow with Todd's cousin and his family. Jaime and Tyson spoiled us rotten and showed us a great time!! We were so grateful for the opportunity to spend time with them and have a nice, relaxing weekend. Besides during conference, we didn't see much of our husbands. They were too busy playing outside with the kids, riding the ranger, shooting hoops, playing volleyball, and going to the Priesthood Session. So much fun, so little time!!
So, needless to say, Jaime and I spent a lot of time together and it really was a treat! I want to be like her when I grow up someday... she is incredible!
As for General Conference... this is where my mad eaves-dropping skills came in handy. With eight kids to manage, it was hard to sit down and listen to every talk, but I was thankful to be able to tune into most of it even through the madness. My kids sat down and watched a lot too, which I am grateful for. They are starting to understand the talks and recognize some of the Apostles. So cool!!
And once again, I was sure that the General Authorities were talking directly to me. I heard a lot of important things that I know I needed right at that time. I love how that happens!!
Besides listening to conference, here are some of the other things we crammed into the weekend...
This picture makes it look warm and sunny, but it was actually pretty cold.
There were even snow flurries Friday night right after we got there, so the jacuzzi probably felt really good!!
The kids watched movies in the theatre room and they thought that was so awesome.But, Bella and Regan crashed and I thought that was so awesome :)
(Sleeping kids really are adorable.)
The kids had fun making Easter cupcakes.
Chansey, Eathan, and Bella rode the zip-line at Roy's cabin, but somehow we only got a picture of Chansey. Cool action shot! Thanks Jaime!What a perfect weekend... cool weather, lots of family time, more fun than you can imagine, and listening to the General Authorities inspiring words... all wrapped up into two days.
A little piece of Heaven on Earth!

1 comments:
Showlow is so fun! It looks like the cabin you stayed in was pretty awesome--with all sorts of fun things to do. :) Nice to get out of town and just hang out all weekend!
Post a Comment