My first intention with starting a blog was to keep a journal... to me that means writing down all of the things that I want to remember when I grow old. When I was uploading all of the pictures from my camera onto my computer and I came across this shot, it reminded me of one of my better moments as a mom and this is one of those times I never want to forget.
So, while you were all huggin' and kissin' and getting special gifts on Valentine's Day, here's what we were doing... We received a large package by Fedex late in the afternoon on Valentine's Day. We opened the box and it was a suprise gift for Spencer from a dear friend of the family. We had to dig through about 8 inches of styrofoam peanuts to even get to the present. So, after the excitement wore off of getting a new canvas toybox (with Spencers name embroidered on it) the kids went about their business and Todd and I started doing a little bit of work on the computer. Before we knew it, the kids were back in the office with us and Bella started playing with the styro peanuts. Eathan began to put Bella in the box and try to bury her with the peanuts. My initial instinct was to tell them to stop and get out of the room so we could get back to work. I didn't want to have to clean up a big mess. But, I refrained from scolding them and let them play. Bella proceded to break the box apart and before we knew it,... it was raining styrofoam peanuts!!! The kids played and burried themselves and threw the peanuts around and had the most fun ever!!! As you can see by the picture,... our office was covered with peanuts!!! They were everywhere!!! Todd stood up and wittingly said "we have derailed"! That made me laugh out loud. And, the trouble of cleaning up the mess was worth it for me to see the joy on my kids faces as they played their hearts out.
I guess the moral of the story is... sometimes I have to take off my "Mom hat" and put on my "Kid Hat" and let the fun candid, moments bring a little bit of extra happiness into our home! (Especially when it really isn't hurting anybody or anything)So, Happy Valentine's Day to us this year!
P.S. - We all hugged and kissed too! ;)


2 comments:
I think you said that perfect! Sometimes you do have to take off the mom hat and let your kids see that yes you do have a fun side too!! I bet they had a blast!
don't you love it when you can let go and let the kids be kids! it's actually pretty hard for me sometimes!
Post a Comment