Thursday, April 3, 2008

Memories...




Since I just started my blog in January, I decided to go backwards a little bit and journal some fun memories that our family has from the last few months. I went through the pictures that I recently downloaded from my camera and chose a few to post here. The story at the end of my post tells about the picture above... I posted the pictures in the wrong order! oops!


This was one of those "Kodak moments" that I will never forget... Spencer was just about 5 weeks old and he was sitting in his swing. He started to fuss, so I asked Eathan if he would get him while I finished up what I was doing in the other room. (My kids really are so helpful with the baby :) Anyway, he quieted down pretty quickly so I went ahead and finished what I was doing. When I came to get the baby so I could feed him, this is what I found (see pic above) Eathan was cuddling with him and he had gone back to sleep. Eathan had his eyes closed at first also, but he opened them when he heard my messing with the camera trying to snap a picture. So, no one can tell me that boys aren't sweet and tender hearted... at least not my Eathan. He really has a knack for calming Spencer down. Thanks buddy!





There is a funny story behind this picture... This year before Christmas, Todd took Eathan Christmas shopping and I took Chansey. We decided to let them buy something for each other and Bella and the other parent. So, we came across the Phoenix Suns jerseys in a store and Chansey stopped dead in her tracks and said... "I want to get that for Dad, he'll love it! He loves Steve Nash!" So, I couldn't resist, I had to let her get it even though I wasn't sure Todd would love it. I knew it wasn't really his style even though we all love the Suns. Then we found out that Eathan was dying to have a Steve Nash jersey, so when Todd and I were Christmas shopping alone, we decided to buy him one and give it to him for Christmas. I decided to ask Todd if he would ever want a Suns jersey (even though I already bought him one) just to see what he would say. He answered me with a definite "No!" I just bit my tongue... I didn't know if I should take it back, or what. So, I waited until Christmas morning to see what his reaction would be. I figured he could take it back if he wanted to. Anway, Christmas morning, he opened it and got really excited so that Chansey knew he was glad to have a gift from her and he made a big deal out of the fact that him and Eathan had the same shirt. He didn't have the heart to take it back so as you can see by the picture, they both wore their shirts that day and it really was cute. What a good daddy!











To the left is a picture of Todd and the kids on their way up South Mountain. (some nice tourist took the picture for them) Above is a picture of the kids at the top of the mountain. A couple days before Christmas, Todd decided to take them to hike South Mountain. They had a blast!! It was a much needed break for me at the time, because I had a few last minute errands to run before Christmas so I took Bella to my mom's to take a nap and I went out for a little while with just Spencer and I. The kids were really tough and didn't complain or have a hard time at all. Then a few days after Christmas Todd took them hiking again. Only this time, they went early in the morning so they could see the sun rise. They woke up at 4:30 and got to the top just in time to see it! Todd even packed hot chocolate in his backpack so they could attempt to stay a little bit warm. The picture at the very top of the post is right after the sun came up that morning. It is fun to have an adventurous dad!





2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ahh those are such sweet memories! The one with Eathan and Spencer just melts my heart! I love to read your blog ! Thank you so much for sharing!
Love ya
Tiff

April Gould said...

Hey, Cute Blog! You have such a neat family. Love April Gould