Saturday, April 19, 2008

You're the Meaning in my Life... You're the Inspiration!


A couple of years ago on Valentine's Day, I gave Todd a CD (yes, that's right, we still buy CD's) of Chicago's Greatest Love Songs. Well, ever since then, he has had the CD in his truck and listens to it all the time. It has a lot of great songs on it. Since my kids ride with him a lot, they have become very fond of the CD. In fact, they usually ask to listen to it as soon as they get in his truck. Anyway, on our way home from Grandma's house a few weeks ago, we were all jammin' out and found ourselves singing the song "You're the Inspiration" together. My kids know every word and I am sure you all know it too!) Well, I found it to be a really special moment as I realized something... my kids (and husband) really are my inspiration. And at that moment, we were all having fun, getting along, and essentially telling each other how much we love each other without even realizing it!
When I first had Chansey (8 1/2) years ago, I thought I knew everything about how to be a good mom. While I admit I knew a few things, I didn't know much compared to all that I have learned since then. My kids really have taught me more than I ever thought I needed to know. And now, I become more and more humbled by them each day as I realize that I have so much more to learn. I love my kids all so much for so many reasons. I am so lucky to have four healthy and happy kids. I hope I can spend my time focusing on the things in life that really matter and not waste time worrying about, or trying to change the things that don't matter. Kids grow up too fast. I want to enjoy them to the fullest extent that I can while they are so sweet and innocent! So, I hope when they grow up, they will look back and know that they were loved and that I took the time to cherish each of them.
So, to my kids: when times get tough, no matter where you are, or what you are doing, never forget... MOM LOVES YOU!

5 comments:

Cedar said...

What the heck- Im so glad you found me. I love to keep in touch with people this way. We are moving in like 3 weeks to a much better pad, so seriously,come after that, we'd love to have you. I'll be checking for you 100 things!!

Jenny Lynn said...

Oh my goodness Marianne, your kids ARE SO BIG!! I have not even met the little one! I can't believe it! It was so good to see you the other night, it had been wayy too long. I am glad you guys are doing so good, you look great and your kids are adorable!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH- I just found you off of Jenny's page. Your kids are so beautiful. I can't believe you have four now! You've certainly got your hands full huh?

Ok well, I'm going to keep reading thru your blog and catch up on everything.

Anonymous said...

you are amazing i love reading your blog you have the greatest inspirational thoughts! i am usually in tears when i read your posts! that is a great thing i always feel your families sweet spirit!! you do a wonderful job as a mommy!! well at everything really!!

Sarah W. said...

Hey Marianne,

I love that you write your posts as journal entries. I wanted my blog to be that way and then I just get silly and stupid and post dumb things. I love reading you posts. Your kids are so funny and you are the best mom and wife. I hope you have a great day!!!