Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Tale of Two Riders

Todd on his dirtbike about to land a jump...




Brian in the air in mid-jump...


I decided to post a blog entry about this because one of my favorite things in life is seeing Todd enjoy himself and have a hobby. Recenlty, Todd and his long-time friend Brian Brock rode their bikes at Brian's house and one of their other friends took some awesome pictures. The above two shots are just a couple of them.

I suppose Todd's interest in riding dirt bikes is part of the reason why we met...

Brian's sister Kirsten has been a best friend of mine for almost 12 years. One day (in the summer of 1998) I went over to hang out with her after work. Brian was there and we were talking. He said "My friend Todd Breinholt is coming over you have to meet him... he is cool...he likes to ride dirt bikes" Apparently, they had recently become reaquainted after Todd got home from his mission and together began the hobby of owning and riding dirt bikes. So, that day, Todd came over, we met, I thought he was awesome, and the rest is history!

When we were dating and first married, Todd and Brian used to go riding together a lot! I remember spending a lot of time sitting in the desert with Kirsten while they rode around. We would take pictures and just hang out. We lived in an upstairs apartment when we first got married and Todd kept his bike on the patio. So, we would wheel it up and down the stairs every time they went riding... now those were fun times!!

Much to everyone's disbelief, it does not scare me that Todd has chosen this as a hobby. He is pretty safe (I think :) and like I said before, I love watching him enjoy himself. Also, I love seeing him in his riding gear!








1 comments:

April Gould said...

That is Awesome! I didn't realize he was that good. It is so important to do what you love to do. Cute Blog! Love April Gould