Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!

I saw this picture and I thought it was awesome, so I decided to post it. It is a picture of 18,000 soldiers during World War I who posed in the shape of the Statue of Liberty. I think it is amazing!



We had a really fun 4th of July this year. I brought my camera, but didn't take even one picture... how dumb! Anyway, we had a great day because Todd was off work and we did nothing but play together all day! First we went to the summer movie Mr. Mogorium's Wonder Emporium. This was such an excellent movie. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it! It is the best kids' movie that I have seen for a long time. And, it was especially wonderful because I didn't have to leave the theater even one time. The kids were all good! YEA!

After the movies we went to Peter Piper Pizza. The kids love going there and I think the pizza and salad lunch buffet is pretty good. Later, we went to Grandma and Grandpa Jacobson's house. We swam and ate and played games and had a great time.

I was taught from a young age to be very patriotic and thankful for this great land we live in. I think we too often take it for granted that we have so many freedoms. Our country was founded by men who were inspired by God to put certain theroies into action so tht we could live in peace and harmony with each other and the rest of the world. I pray that our country continues its legacy of democracy and justice and that our next president keeps us on the right track.

GOD BLESS THE USA!!!







0 comments: