All I can say is WOW! This was seriously the best birthday I have ever had. I turned 30 on May 17th and Todd really outdid himself with the grand party he threw for me. It all started with him talking about my birthday for a couple of weeks before it came. He tricked me into thinking that we were going shopping to buy me some new clothes the night before my birthday so we could go out on my birthday to a "fancy place". Well, the babysitter came and we went to leave and low and behold... there was a huge limo outside of our house!!! It was more like a party bus than a limo. And inside of it were all of my close friends, my family, and some of Todd's family. I was shocked!!!!! ... I even cried a little (I know you are all surprised)
After the surpise was over, the party wagon took us all to Ichi Ban (one of my favorite places) to eat dinner. It was delicious and so much fun. Ichi Ban is a place where your table is a cook-top and you choose your meal and then they cook it and do a big show in front of you. I even got to take a picture as a Sumo wrestler. (see below) After dinner, we all went to Coldstone Creamery. On the way there, we partied like we were teenagers. Dancing around and having a ball in the limo. We played some old songs to reminisce about when we were young! :)You should have seen the look on the employees' faces when all 35 of us walked in to Coldstone. It was yummy though, and fun to hang around and chat.
Next, Todd had planned for us to go back to my parents' house and he had a pinata and party bags and there were gifts for me to open. (how embarassing! :) But, first we went home and picked up our kids to let them ride in the limo for a few minutes... the limo driver was so nice to do this for us. We rode around with them for a few minutes and they had the time of their lives. We danced with them and let them jump around to some fun Disney songs that they love.
Then we finally went back to my parents' house. All the friends left becuase it was pretty late. So, I got to spend some time with just my family. That was so nice! I really appreciate them all and they are all awesome! And the gifts they gave were so creative and cute. (see below)
I can never say thank you enough to all of the people that came and celebrated with me. And thank you especially to my ever so wonderful husband who planned it all!!! He thought of it and did all of the inviting and planning. I was amazed at how creative he got... and thanks to those who gave him ideas :) I will never forget this amazing night.
Can anyone tell me how I can possibly beat this for Todd's 30th birthday?! LOL I think that it's impossible!
My brothers and sisters and parents all gave me '30' of something... like 30 candy bars, 30 roses, 30 cookies, 30 cans of soda, 30 ear plugs (with pajamas to get a "peaceful night's rest") and my personal favorite was the "30 reasons why we love Marianne" wall hanging. I love you all too!
Did I eat too much?
My best friend Kirsten and my family... Scott, Heidi, Julianne, Russell, Emily, Deanne, and Lance at Ichi Ban.
More family... Robert, Kristie, Larry, Rosanne, Mom, Dad, and Leanne at Ichi Ban.
Todd's family... Brian, Allison, Carson, Jason, Deb, Lisa and Me at Ichi Ban.
Todd and I at Ichi Ban.
My girlfriends and I in the limo.




4 comments:
That was sooooo fun!!! Let's do that at least once a year. I had a blast and my voice was hoarse the very next day. Even though I saw you posing as a sumo wrestler, that picture is still shocking. WHOA NOW!!!!
Looks like everyone had a good time! What a nice husband you have! So it was really weird when I saw the pics, Kelly is my cousin.
Cute blog!
Unbelievable Limo! Looks like a really great time. :)
Happy Birthday Marianne. Sounds like you had a great time. It was fun to visit with you the other night.
Post a Comment