Bella has been learning some choice phrases from her older brother and sister lately. Even though I don't think it is funny now, it might be someday.
Believe it or not, my kids don't mind all of the time (shocking,... I know) But, even though this is probably normal, Bella watches and thinks she can do the same thing. So, when I ask her to do something, she has started to say some of the things she has heard them say...
First it was "I don't want to" then she started saying "Don't have to". Those were bad enough, but then the other day she pulled this one... "You boss me" That means "you are not the boss of me" which is something that my kids say to each other when one tells the other what to do. They don't say that to me because they know I am the boss of them... :)... at least until they are old enough to be the boss of themselves.
So, I know this stage will pass eventually, and I hope I react appropriately in order to teach Bella quickly that talking back is not a good idea. Then again, I think I talked back until I was about 17 or 18, so what do I expect?!
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Stages of Defiance
Posted by Marianne at 1:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hey KIRIN!! That outfit rocked. I wish I would've been there to celebrate with you- that looked so fun. I miss all those gals. I can't beleive we are all turning the big 3-0! SCARY!! That means I met you like 24 years ago. Which officially makes you my oldest friend. Lucky you. Happy Belated Bday! I miss and love ya lots.
Post a Comment